Saturday, July 7, 2012

I was just wondering.  Do you think that all those people on HGTV really entertain as much as they say.  I mean, every time you watch a show they seem to talk about how much room to entertain.  Prospective home buyers are looking for a kitchen "great for entertaining" or a yard "great for a barbeque" or a great room "so I can visit with my guests".  Is it really true that you're all having guests over all the time?  I have to be honest, except for my parents (and we know that doesn't count), I can not remember the last time I "entertained".  Am I just lazy?  Am I anti-social?  Am I societally deficient?  Have I got some odd, yet-to-be-named phobia?  Am I missing a gene?  Am I traumatized from a childhood of entertaining misadventures? Or am I normal and all those HGTV'ers are faking?

Here's a blog to help me answer my questions - is it possible in a day of e-mail, facebook, twitter, iphones, skype etc., to have personal face to face time with people - and I'm going to accept the challenge of having people over and see whether I could actually find the lost art of entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment